Since nobody likes to play with these problems, especially when it comes and goes all the time, ExitLag has prepared for you a guide that aims to smooth out any complications one could be facing when dealing with spikes like this!
How Do These Ping Spikes Happen?
To start things off, we should get a better hold of how we find ourselves having these issues.
Ping spikes are generally referred to sudden delays in connection response or ‘’hiccups’’ during the game’s overall performance.
While these problems could stem from various origin points, actually troubleshooting them isn’t that difficult.
How To Fix Ping Spikes From Network Issues
- Use a Wired Connection: Switching from Wi-Fi to a wired Ethernet connection can reduce latency and provide a more stable connection.
- Close Background Applications: Close any non-essential applications running in the background to free up bandwidth and resources for your game.
- Opt for Off-Peak Times: Play during off-peak hours when internet traffic is lower, reducing the chances of network congestion.
- Choose a Nearby Server: Connect to game servers that are geographically closer to you, reducing the distance your data needs to travel.
- Enable Traffic Shaper: Explore tools like ExitLag that offer Traffic Shaper features to prioritize gaming data and reduce ping fluctuations.
- Optimize In-Game Settings: Adjust in-game graphics settings to balance performance and visual quality, reducing strain on your system.
Unfortunately, these spikes could also originate from your ISP, and this is where the ugly side of this problem kinda rear its head.
With gaming as a whole being much bigger these days, most employees are much more understanding of the impact lag could have in their customers daily life, so it is always a good idea to call your local service provider and ask them how things are faring on their end.
How To Fix Ping Spikes That Originate From Hardware Issues
When it comes to actually running your favorite titles, gamers need to make sure their systems are up to the task and adjust their settings accordingly.
Be sure to always take a second to look at the minimum and recommended specs at the game’s home page.
If you’re running into ‘’hiccups’’ during gameplay where everything freezes for a second or if parts of the map aren’t loading at all, it could be a sign that you’re having CPU or RAM related issues.
The good news is that, since users have total control over their games and whatnot, it is usually very easy to modify intensive options such as resolution or visual effects at will, making everything run smoother than before.
Using ExitLag To Fix Ping Spikes Or Other Connection Related Issues
Since you can’t really control the pathway your ISP will take to your favorite game’s server, users are usually ‘’gambling’’ when it comes to what ping they’ll have when playing their favorite games.
With ExitLag, we can guarantee that you’ll not only be able to shorten the distance between you and your game, but also drastically improve your ping in the process.
Our exclusive Multipath technology can analyze and detect the best pathway to servers, giving our users a much more pleasant and smooth gameplay experience, leading players to perform even better during their matches!