League of Legends is all about split-second decisions, and lag spikes and FPS drops can be your worst enemy.
Don't fret; ExitLag is here to help.
Check out our guide for foolproof fixes and elevate your Summoner's Rift experience.
Lag Spikes On League Of Legends
While high latency can be a nuisance, the good news is that many of these issues have straightforward solutions.
We'll walk you through quick fixes to get your game back on track, so troubleshooting doesn't feel like a chore.
Understanding Lag in League of Legends
Before diving into solutions, let's briefly explore why you might be encountering lag spikes.
In League of Legends, a delay in your actions can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
The Wi-Fi Conundrum
One of the most common pitfalls gamers encounter is using a Wi-Fi connection to play League of Legends.
While Wi-Fi is convenient for many online activities, it's not the best choice for competitive gaming.
Here's why: Wi-Fi connections are more prone to interference, leading to signal loss and unstable ping.
The Top Priority: Ethernet Cable
If you're serious about achieving stable ping and minimizing lag spikes, investing in an Ethernet cable should be your top priority.
It's the golden ticket to a smoother League of Legends experience.
Here's why: Wired connections are far more reliable than Wi-Fi, ensuring consistent and stable connectivity.
League Of Legends Lagging When Internet Is Fine
Is your League of Legends lagging despite a seemingly fine internet connection
Don't worry; we've got you covered with effective tips to eliminate the frustration.
Resolving League Of Legends Lag With Simple Fixes
Check speedy solutions to troubleshoot and enhance your gaming performance:
1. Optimize Your DNS Settings
One common culprit for lag spikes is your DNS configuration.
Here's how to fix it:
- Go to your computer's Control Panel.
- Look for 'Network and Internet' and click on it.
- Find your connection type (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select it.
- Look for 'TCP/IPv4' settings.
- Set both preferred and alternative DNS sections to '126.96.36.199' and '188.8.131.52'.
2. Manage Network Congestion
If multiple users are sharing your internet, you might face congestion issues.
To tackle this:
- Access your router's configuration page.
- Locate Wi-Fi settings and the list of connected devices.
- Remove idle devices or temporarily disable Wi-Fi access to optimize your connection.
With these straightforward steps, you'll be enjoying smooth League of Legends gameplay in no time.
Best Ping To Play League Of Legends
When it comes to League of Legends, many players believe that playing on 50 to 80 ping is acceptable.
While this might hold true for beginners, aiming for higher ranks demands a different perspective, playing with at least 20 ping.
Understanding The Ping Factor In League Of Legends
Let's clarify why low ping is crucial in League of Legends.
At its core, ping is the measurement of the time it takes for your actions to register in the game. Here's why lower is better:
- Responsiveness: Lower ping ensures that your commands execute almost instantly, giving you a significant advantage in battles and split-second decisions.
- Combo Execution: In intense team fights, the timing of your abilities is critical. High ping can lead to delayed combos, putting you at a disadvantage.
SKT Faker's Perspective
Even renowned League of Legends pro SKT Faker acknowledges the importance of low ping.
He considers playing at 30-50 ping as nearly impossible due to the impact on his gameplay.
While this might sound extreme to some, it highlights how critical low ping is at the highest levels of play.
The Sweet Spot: Aiming For 20-ish Ping
For many players, aiming for a ping of around 20-ish is the sweet spot.
It offers a balance between responsiveness and accessibility, ensuring your gameplay remains clean and competitive.
Achieving this ping range might require optimizing your network setup and choosing the right server location.
How To Improve Your Ping Playing League Of Legends
- Select the Right Server: Choose a game server that's geographically closer to your location to reduce latency.
- Optimize Network Settings: Ensure your network settings are configured for the best gaming performance.
- Quality Internet Connection: Invest in a reliable and high-speed internet connection to minimize ping fluctuations.
- Use ExitLag: A dedicated tool designed to eliminate lag and boost your League of Legends performance.
Using ExitLag To Keep Your Ping As Low As Possible
ExitLag can optimize your connection by choosing the best route to Riot servers, reducing latency, and enhancing your gameplay.
Understanding the Ping Dilemma
High ping can often be traced back to the route your Internet Service Provider (ISP) takes to connect to the Riot servers.
Even with decent speed, an inefficient route can result in unacceptable ping levels, disrupting your gameplay and compromising your performance.
ExitLag's Solution For League Of Legends
ExitLag steps in as your trusty ally in the battle against high ping in Summoners Rift. With our intuitive application, improving your ping in League of Legends is a breeze:
- Simple Setup: Launch ExitLag and select League of Legends from the game search bar.
- Choose Your Region: Pick the region that best suits your needs or offers the lowest latency.
- Sit Back and Relax: ExitLag takes care of the rest. We optimize your connection, finding the most efficient route to Riot servers, reducing latency, and enhancing your overall gameplay experience.
The Noticeable Difference
Once you're in-game, you'll quickly notice the difference.
Your overall ping will be drastically reduced, and your gameplay will feel smoother and more responsive.
No more frustrating lag spikes or delays in executing crucial moves.